Customers Also Shopped
Ready To Run Remote Control USCG Motor Lifeboat 18"
Sold Fully Assembled
Not a Model Ship Kit
Honoring the hard work and dedication of the United States Coast Guard, the Remote Control USCG Coastal Motor Lifeboat 18" model is a well-crafted replica of the real boats used by the US Coast Guard. The motor life boat is the standard lifeboat for the US Coast Guard. It is constructed entirely from 5456 marine grade aluminum, which allows it to withstand some of the fiercest weather conditions while at sea.
- Amazing speed boat reaches up to 25 mph.
- High quality remote control effective up to 30 meters
- Remote requires eight AA batteries
- Long lasting battery up to three hours of use
- Detailed paint and varnish, microsanded between multiple layers for realistic look and feel
- Extensive research conducted to build this ship replica; using drawings, copies of original plans, and photos of actual ship
The 47 ft Motor Lifeboat (MLB), in service with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), is designed to perform heavy weather rescue in hurricane force winds and 20-foot breaking seas. This all-aluminum marine innovation withstands impacts of three times the acceleration of gravity, and can even survive a complete roll-over, self-righting in less than 10 seconds with all machinery remaining fully operational. The motor life boat is available in the USCG 47 foot configuration or a commercial 52-ft. design; this versatile craft is attracting international attention for use in search and rescue, patrol, firefighting and other law enforcement and paramilitary activities.