Handcrafted Model Ships - FAQ
Who is Handcrafted Model Ships / Handcrafted Nautical Decor / Handcrafted Beach Decor / Handcrafted Cast Iron?
- In 1954, Captain Richard Norris a master model ship builder, founded Handcrafted Model Ships. Over the years we have expanded our products to over 5,000 unique items besides model ships. We are a family owned and operated business with over 60 years of experience. Our unique products will brings class, beauty, and elegance to your home.
Do you have a showroom where one can see your products?
- Yes, we have a permanent showroom in Alhambra, California (5 minutes east of Downtown Los Angeles) that is open during normal business hours at 1841 West Valley Blvd, Alhambra, California. Come on by!
What are your normal business hours?
- Our business hours are 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. PST, Monday - Friday
What payments methods are accepted?
- We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or checks.
Will I receive my model ship fully assembled?
- Yes, we do not sell model ship kits (just the pieces)! A majority of our models are fully assembled, you just take out of the box and display. To save on shipping costs, some of our yachts the mast is shipped down. To assemble, just insert the mast and attach the numbered clips. There is no rigging to tie or tighten.
How safe is ordering on Handcrafted Model Ships / Handcrafted Nautical Decor / Handcrafted Beach Decor / Handcrafted Cast Iron?
- We have had our servers tested by Bank of America, American Express and the Secret Service. All tests have exceeded all of their security standards. In addition, we do not store your credit cards on our servers. Therefore is it impossible for your credit card information to be compromised.
I want to purchase a very large quantity of a specific item. Do you have better pricing?
- Yes, contact us with the item number and the quantity and we will give you the best price possible. If you have a retail store please visit www.hamptonnautical.com for wholesale pricing.
Do you offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee?
- Yes, we offer a 100% money back guarantee on all of our items. In the unlikely event that your model arrives damaged please contact us by within 5 days of receiving your order. If you intend to give the item as a gift, please inspect the item upon receipt. In the case of damage we will ship a replacement to you free of charge and pay return shipping on the damaged model. For the end-of-year holidays (Thanksgiving to Christmas), we extend our return policy (not damage policy) to notify us of a return by Jan. 2nd of the new year, and we will refund 100% of the cost of the product. For further details please review our Refund Policy.
When will my order ship?
- Your order will typically ship 1-2 business days after you place your order and you will be emailed your tracking number.
What does it cost to ship my order?
- Shipping over $99 is free in the 48 lower US states. Orders under $99 the shipping cost is $9.99.
Where does your product ship from in the US?
- Our products ship from our warehouse in Los Angeles, California.
Do you ship international?
- Yes, we ship worldwide daily. Most items have a shipping cost on the individual product page, if not please contact us with what you are interested in ordering and your country so we can get a rate quote.
Do you offer discounts for dealers?
- Yes, there are two ways to become a dealer and get discounted pricing - drop shipping and wholesale.
1. To become a drop shipper (we warehouse and ship the items you order to your customer) you can sign up HERE
Can I sell your items on Amazon or other online marketplaces?
- You can sell on ALL marketplaces EXCEPT Amazon. Selling on Amazon directly is not allowed, however, if you want to sell on Amazon it must be through FBA (we ship the items to Amazon and Amazon ships the items to the customer). Please contact us if interested in selling via Amazon FBA.
- If you are selling on an online marketplace you must adhere to the MAP (minimum advertising policy). This price is found on the data feed. Undercutting this price or selling directly on Amazon can result in your account being suspended or banned.