Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Whale Wars - Bob Barker Limited 14" 50% profits donated to seashepherd.org
SOLD FULLY ASSEMBLED
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
50% of the profits from the sale of the Steve Irwin, Bob Barker and Bridgette Bardot are donated to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (Seashepherd.org)
As made famous on the Animal Planet TV show Whale Wars where Paul Watson, founder of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS), and his crew aboard the Steve Irwin, Bob Barker and Bridgette Bardot harass Japanese whalers off the coast of Antarctica. Display proudly in your home or office this scale handcrafted wooden model of the Steve Irwin as it is a tribute to SSCS’s efforts.
- 14" Long x 3" Wide x 7" High (1:135 scale)
- Officially licensed by Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS)
- Actual wood and metal parts provided by SSCS from the actual Bob Barker were used, in part, to make each and every Bob Barker model boat
- Limited edition model as only 1000 of each model will ever be produced
- Made out of fast growing softwood and other eco-friendly materials as per SSCS’s strict requirements
- Exhaustively researched and designed from plans/actual pictures of the Bob Barker as provided by SSCS
- Amazing lifelike details such as: metal railings and staircases, SSCG flag and logo displayed, lifeboats on deck, anchor on the hull, helipad and much more!
On January 5, 2010, another Sea Shepherd anti-whaling ship arrived in the Southern Ocean to join the 2009-2010 Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign, Operation Waltzing Matilda unexpected and right on time: the Bob Barker.
Thanks to a $5,000,000 contribution from American television personality and icon Bob Barker, Sea Shepherd was able to quietly purchase and refit the former Norwegian whaler in Africa. The ice-strengthened, fast, chaser boat quietly departed from Mauritius on December 18th to join up with the Sea Shepherd ships Steve Irwin and Ady Gil in the Southern Ocean.
Barker has also funded the cost of a helicopter that will accompany the societys ships. The aircraft is named The Nancy Burnet after the president of United Activists for Animal Rights, an organization Barker also supports. This new helicopter will participate in future campaigns.
"I'm delighted to be able to help the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in its mission to end the destruction of habitat and slaughter of wildlife in the worlds oceans," said Barker. "There is lot of talk about preserving our ecosystems and species, but this is one organization that puts these words into action."