|Handcrafted Model Ships||
Customers Also Shopped
Vigilant 35" Limited Description
This elegant model yacht of America’s Cup winner Vigilant is the perfect highlight for a bedroom or beach house, office or meeting room while sailing from atop any mantle, shelf or table. Brightening any room with her presence, Vigilant model sailboats shine with the unbound freedom of the wind, graceful speed of the waves and winning spirit of their famous namesake in this Limited Edition model yacht.
32" L x 4" W x 35" H (1:49 scale)
- Accurate museum-quality scale replica of the real Vigilant racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck compared to standard models
- Brass wire railing running along gunwales
- Clear window panes in all deckhouses
- Lifeboat with accurate design and curved bottom
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Thick, sturdy canvas used for all sails
- Limited production run only 50 of these model sail boats
- Significant research to guarantee accuracy of this yacht model includes sources such as photos, historical plans and original artwork
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Ready to display in less than five minutes
- Separate pre-assembled hull and sails ensure safe shipping and lower cost
- Insert mast in designated hole and clip brass rigging hooks as shown in illustrations
- Sails and rigging already complete
Yacht Club: New York Yacht Club, New York, USA
Victorious defender of the eighth America's Cup (1893). Winner over Valkyrie II (GBR).
Owner: Syndicate led by C. Oliver Iselin, and formed by Edwin D. Morgan, Augustus Belmont, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Charles R. Flint, Chester W. Chapin, George R. Clark, Henry Astor Carey, Dr. Barton Hopkins, E.M. Fulton, Jr. and Adrian Iselin.
Length and sail area rule
Designer: Nathanael Greene Herreshoff
Builder: Herreshoff Manufacturing Company, Bristol, Rhode Island, USA
Year of building: 1893
Launched: June 14th, 1893
Skipper: Nathanael Greene Herreshoff
Captain: William Hansen
Afterguard: Edward A. Willard, Herbert C. Leeds, Newberry Thorne, Woodbury Kane, W. Butler Duncan, Jr. and Captain Norman Terry.
Construction: all metal
Its under-water body was of Tobin bronze. Its top strakes were of steel.
Centerboard: Tobin bronze made.
L.O.A.: 38.50 m
L.W.L.: 25.90 m
Beam: 7.92 m
Draft: 3.96 m, centerboard up
Displacement: 138 tons
Centerboard weight: 7.7 tons
Sail area: 1014.50 m2
Mast: 26.67 m
Boom: 29.60 m
Bowsprit: 9.80 m
Topmast: 17.90 m