Customers Also Shopped
USCG Buoy Tender 16"
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Honoring the hard work and dedication of the United States Coast Guard, the USCG Buoy Tender model is a well-crafted replica of the real boats used by the US Coast Guard.
16" Long x 5" Wide x 16" High
- Built from scratch by master artisans
- High quality woods used to construct this model
- Solid wooden hull for this model Coast Guard ship
- Detailed Features include:
- Accurate USCG Racing Stripe on prow
- Detailed masts and superstructure
- Railings, cleats, life preservers, shiplights and other details on decks
- United States flag flies from rigging
- Meticulously painted to match an actual USCG Buoy Tender
- Solid wooden base with metal nameplate attached to model
- Extensive research of original plans as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy of the Coast Guard ship model
The 225' JUNIPER was commissioned in 1996 as the lead ship in the Coast Guard's Buoy Tender Replacement Project, a major acquisition to replace the WW II era 180' buoy tenders. The 225' WLB, along with the 175' WLM represent the latest in shipbuilding, propulsion, and ship control technology.
The 225' WLB is equipped with a single controllable pitch propeller, bow and stern thrusters which give the cutter the maneuverability it needs to tend buoys offshore and in restricted waters. A Sophisticated Machinery Plant Control and Monitoring System and an Electronic Chart Display and Information System enable the 225' cutters to reduce the watch standing complement compared to the 180' cutters. A Dynamic Positioning System can hold the vessel within a 10 meter circle using the Global Positioning System allowing the crew to service and position floating aids to navigation more efficiently than before in winds to 30 knots and 8 foot seas.
Number in Service: 16
Length: 225 ft
Beam: 46 ft
Draft: 13 ft
Displacement: 2,000 tons
Buoy Deck Area: 2,875 ft2