Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Riva Ariston Limited 36"
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Take to the water in luxury and style with this exquisitely crafted scale-replica model powerboat of the Riva Ariston. Known in yachting and speedboat circles as the Ferrari of the boat world, Riva’s reputation for speed, beauty and craftsmanship is perfectly mirrored by this museum-quality Riva Ariston powerboat model.
36" Long x 11" Wide x 9" High (1:8 Scale)
- Accurate scale replica model powerboat of the Riva Ariston speedboat
- Individual wooden planks for hull plank-on-frame construction
- Heartwood Honduran mahogany used for hull construction as in real Riva powerboats
- Amazing Details, including:
- Leather-lined seats
- Engine compartment doors open
- Brass and stainless steel propellers and other fixtures (not plastic parts)
- Authentic gauges and dials on dash (not decals or stickers)
- Individual deck planks available
- Highly polished finish with multi-layered micro-sanded varnish
- Steering wheel, deck cleats and fixtures, Italian flag and other details
- Sturdy wooden base included with model
- Meticulously pained to match real Riva Ariston powerboats
- Limited production run only 25 of this speedboat model
- Waterproof hull easily converted to Remote Control for use on water (separate conversion necessary)
- Extensive research of drawings, original plans, photographs and the actual ship ensures the accuracy of this Riva Ariston speedboat model
A legend that never ages
Alongside the Aquarama, the Ariston is perhaps Riva’s best known model, and certainly one of its most popular. When production ceased in 1974, twenty-four years after the model was first conceived, over 1,000 boats had been built. Over this period, many modifications were made, not least its length – which ranged from 6.2 to almost 7 meters – and the size of the single engine fitted, which ranged from 105 hp to 350 hp in the Super Ariston, powerful enough to take it to a top speed of 80 km/h.
Craftsmanship, design and unmatchable quality have been the hallmarks of Riva since the company’s founding in 1842 in Sarnico, Italy, one of Italy's great boat-building centers. It’s there that Pietro Riva built his first “Riva,” known for quality craftsmanship and performance ahead of its time. By the 1930s, the business was managed by Pietro’s grandson, Serafino, under whose guidance the company became known for manufacturing small racing boats, which Serafino himself raced. Not content to remain in this niche, the Riva family increased its line to include boats built as much for pleasure as for speed. By the 1950s, the Riva name, under the leadership of Pietro’s grandson, Carlo, Riva became a symbol of quality, elegance, speed and, most notably, wealth. As a result, Riva gained worldwide fame as the luxury boat of choice for kings and queens, matinee idols, corporate titans, entrepreneurs and jet-setters worldwide. The list of owners include Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren and Peter Sellers, George Clooney and more. Simply stated, those who want the best, expect the best and live the best - choose Riva