Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Ready To Run Remote Control Riva Aquarama Limited 32"
NOT A MODEL SHIP KIT
RC Model Ship comes fully assembled
Called the "Ferrari" of the boating world, the Riva Aquarama emerged in 1962 as an amazingly sleek, stylish, and incredibly fast speed boat. Feel the power of this legendary racer with this awesome RC Model Ship, which itself can reach speeds of 20 miles an hour! Take this boat out on the lake for a day of fun in the sun, and when it's not in use place it upon its stand, in any room, as fabulous nautical decor.
- Amazing speed boat reaches up to 25 mph.
- High quality remote control effective up to 100 meters
- Rechargeable battery - boat comes with rechargeable battery and charger
- Long lasting battery up to three hours of use
- Meticulously handcrafted with plank on frame construction
- Highest quality woods - model is crafted from heartwood Honduras mahogany; used in construction of actual ship
- Detailed paint and varnish, microsanded between multiple layers for realistic look and feel
- Leather seats feature hand stitched detailing.
- Realistic gauges and switches on dashboard
- Extensive research conducted to build this ship replica; using drawings, copies of original plans, and photos of actual ship
The Riva Aquarama was a speedboat model built by Riva. Production ran for over three decades from Aquarama's introduction in 1962 till 1996. Carlo Riva launched the Aquarama runabout series in 1962. Aquarama's hull was based on Riva Tritone - an earlier model speedboat by Riva. Because of the boats speed, beauty and craftmanship behind it Aquarama was praised as the Ferrari of the boat world. The company was founded by Pietro Riva in 1842.
The Riva Aquarama's 10.5 metre hull was carved from mahogany wood. Hull was varnished so it left the wood visible. All versions of the Aquarama were twin engined. Power varied from 185 hp to 350 hp per engine. For example Cadillac- and Chrysler-engines tuned by Riva where used. Aquarama's cruise speed was up to 45 knots. On top of the engine compartment there was a cushioned sundeck. Boat also carried a convertible roof which disappeared behind the rear seat and cockpit. There was a swim ladder mounted in the stern of the boat.
- Super Aquarama (build 1963-1971)
- Aquarama Lungo (1972)
- Aquarama Special (1972-1996)