|Handcrafted Model Ships||
Customers Also Shopped
RC Chris Craft Dual Cockpit 32"
- SOLD FULLY ASSEMBLED - THIS IS NOT A MODEL SHIP KIT
- 32" long x 8" Wide x 7" High
- The hull has been waterproofed and floats. Water will not get inside the model
- Speed boat reaches up to 20-25 mph.
- Comes with long distance high quality remote control
- Battery for the boat is rechargeable. Boat comes with rechargeable battery and charger.
- Plank on frame construction where each strip of wood is applied to the hull one at a time
- Made from heartwood honduras mahogany. One of the highest quality mahoganies available and typically used for real boats.
- Highly polished smooth finish. Many layers of paint and varnish applied. Each layer is left to dry and micro sanded before another layer is applied.
- Plush leather seats
- Dashboard has realistic gauges/switches - not a sticker
- Meticulously painted like the actual Chris Craft Dual Cockpit
- To build this ship, extensive research was done using various sources such as drawings, copies of original plans and photos of the actual ship.
This beautiful Remote Control Chris Craft Dual Cockpit was one of first quality pleasure power boats that was affordable. But the truth be known, these boats flourished during Prohibition with the demand for speed in water transportation. The remote areas along waterways on the Great lakes, upstate New-York and the Eastern shore were havens for gin mills. Both bootleggers and the Law required fast efficient transportation to travel to out-of-the way areas.