|Handcrafted Model Ships||
Customers Also Shopped
Brass Porthole Window 12"
Hang this porthole window in any nautically themed room, office, or ship to add a functional conversation piece without which no nautical décor collection is complete. This classically styled porthole window is made from solid brass with a lacquer finish to prevent tarnishing and ensure a long-lasting, lustrous shine. This porthole window also comes complete with accurately designed rivets and a porthole hinge which completes its authentic look and feel.
12" Tall x 12" Wide x 3" Deep
- Solid Brass no plastic parts
- Polish Lacquer Finish for a shine without tarnish or fading
- Pre-Drilled Holes for easy mounting
- Amazing Details, including:
- Accurate hinge and locks
- Authentic rivets
- Operating Hinge and Locks allow porthole to open and close
- Custom Engraving Available with minimum quantity purchase
- Contact us for details
Portholes are an important part of a ship’s construction, allowing both air and light to pass into the inner areas below deck. Through the use of a hinge and lock-down screws, crew members were able to open portholes in good weather, while still having the ability to close the porthole and create a watertight seal that kept stormy weather out.