Customers Also Shopped
RMS Mauretania Limited 40"
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Museum-quality craftsmanship, and devoted attention to the finest of details combine to produce an exquisite model cruise ship, the RMS Mauretania. This is a replica that truly evokes the grand trans-Atlantic ocean liners in their heyday. Shining like beacons of luxury and opulence, the limited edition scale replica of the RMS Mauretania cruise ship will draw you back to this bygone era of elegance and grandeur.
40" Long x 6" Wide x 16" High (1:236 scale)
- Sold fully assembled - this is not a RMS Mauretania model ship kit
- Museum Quality features not available in other models or any kit
- Paint colors precisely matched to those of the RMS Mauretania
- All windows and portholes exactly sized and positioned according to the original construction plans
- Historically accurate design and detailing of superstructure and hull
- Open promenade decks visible through superstructure windows
- Precise superstructure design and detailing
- Quadruple propeller design and accurate anchors
- Metal trussed crane booms with twin cables and pulleys on cargo hooks
- Lattice grating on ducts and vents
- Finely-crafted wire maintenance ladders ascend smokestacks
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisians
- Built from highest quality woods including cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Meticulous painting to accurately match the actual RMS Mauretania
- Amazing Details, including:
- Lifeboats hung from launching davits
- Rigging and stay-lines on all masts and smokestacks
- Delicate four-wire metal railings on forecastle, aftcastle and atop superstructure
- All ladders, staircases and handrails produced from delicate metal wire
- Clear panes in all deckhouse windows
- Numerous deck objects and features include deck cleats, vent shafts, lattice grates, miniature benches and more
- Only a limited amount of models will ever be produced due to the extensive hours required to constuct the model
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
RMS Mauretania (also known as the "Maury") was an ocean liner built by Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson at Wallsend, Tyne and Wear for the British Cunard Line, and launched on 20 September 1906. At the time, she was the largest and fastest ship in the world. Mauretania became a favourite among her passengers. After capturing the Blue Riband for the fastest transatlantic crossing during her 1907 inaugural season, Mauretania held the speed record for twenty-two years.
The ship's name was taken from Mauretania, an ancient Roman province on the northwest African coast, not related to the modern Mauritania. Similar nomenclature was also employed by Mauretania's sister ship, the Lusitania, which was named after the Roman province directly north of Mauretania, across the Strait of Gibraltar.