|Handcrafted Model Ships||
Customers Also Shopped
Chris Craft Dual Cockpit Limited 32"
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Exquisitely crafted with precision detailing, this model speedboat of the iconic wooden-hulled Dual Cockpit Chris Craft powerboat will take you back to the luxurious pleasures of lazy days upon the river or perhaps waterskiing as you race across the lake. Feel as if you’re speeding across the water with the wind in your hair with this powerboat model of a classic mahogany hulled Chris Craft Dual Cockpit speedboat.
32" Long x 8" Wide x 7" High (1:7 scale)
- Accurate scale replica model powerboat of a Chris-Craft Dual Cockpit Runabout
- Individual hull planks used for plank-on-frame construction
- Dual cockpits finely crafted and trimmed with leather-lined seats
- Heartwood Honduran mahogany used for hull construction just like real Chris Craft powerboats
- Rare high-quality woods such as birch, maple and yellow siris also used for construction
- Amazing Details, including:
- Leather lined seats
- Authentic gauges and dials on dash (not decals or stickers)
- Individual decking planks visible
- Highly polished finish with multi-layered micro-sanded varnish
- Stearing wheel, deck cleats, boathouse lift-rings, American flag and other details
- Sturdy wooden base attached with nameplate included with speedboat model
- Meticulously painted to match a real Chris Craft Dual Cockpit runabout powerboat
- Extensive research of drawings, original plans, photographs and the actual ship ensures the accuracy of this Chris-Craft Dual Cockpit Runabout speedboat model.
This beautiful Chris Craft Dual Cockpit was one of first quality pleasure power boats that was affordable. But the truth be known, these boats flourished during Prohibition with the demand for speed in water transportation. The remote areas along waterways on the Great lakes, upstate New-York and the Eastern shore were havens for gin mills. Both bootleggers and the Law required fast efficient transportation to travel to out-of-the way areas.