Customers Also Shopped
Chris Craft Cobra Limited 36"
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Exquisitely crafted with precision detailing, this model speedboat of the iconic wooden-hulled Chris Craft powerboat will take you back to the luxurious pleasures of lazy days upon the river or perhaps waterskiing as you race across the lake. Feel as if you’re speeding across the water with the wind in your hair with this powerboat model of a classic mahogany hulled Chris Craft speedboat.
36" Long x 11" Wide x 13" High (1:9 scale)
- Accurate scale replica model powerboat of a Chris-Craft Cobra
- Individual hull planks used for plank-on-frame construction
- Dual cockpits finely crafted and trimmed with leather-lined seats
- Heartwood Honduran mahogany used for hull construction just like real Chris Craft powerboats
- Rare high-quality woods such as birch, maple and yellow siris also used for construction
- Amazing Details, including:
- Leather lined seats
- Engine compartment doors open
- Authentic gauges and dials on dash (not decals or stickers)
- Individual decking planks visible
- Highly polished finish with multi-layered micro-sanded varnish
- Stearing wheel, deck cleats, boathouse lift-rings, American flag and other details
- Sturdy wooden base included with speedboat model
- Meticulously painted to match a real Chris Craft Cobra powerboat
The Cobra's was Chris Craft's attempt to update the racing runabout concept with mid-50s styling, including the famous Tail Fins. The 21' Cobra came with either an M-series engine or V-8 Cadillac engine. The Cadillac powered 21' Cobras was Chris Craft's first post-war attempt at true high performance runabouts, with top speeds easily exceeding 50 mph. Also, the fiber glass fins were considered labor-intensive so the Cobras were never intended for large-scale production and were only produced during the 1955 model year.