Customers Also Shopped
Berlin 30" Description
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Attention to detail and fine craftsmanship highlight this scale tall model ship replica of the Berlin, one of the first ships commissioned in the Brandenburg Navy of Friedrich Wilhelm. This Berlin tall ship model proudly displays her indomitable historic and patriotic spirit through her exquisitely-crafted features whether seated upon a desk, table or shelf.
30" Long x 11" Wide x 24" High (1:42 scale)
- Built from scratch by master artisans
- Individual wooden planks used in plank-on-frame hull construction
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Historically accurate sails upon all masts and spars
- Extensive rigging and historically accurate sails
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Intricately carved figurehead, beakhead and stern window panes
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboats
- Cannonball racks, buckets, barrels, rope coils and other nautical items adorn decks
- Lattice grates, rudder chains, wooden ladders and planked steps
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Meticulous painting accurately matches the actual Berlin
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (available for purchase)
- Extensive research of our tall ship models from original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
"Formidable German Vessel!"
This authentic model ship is a handcrafted masterpiece. Add the Berlin to your home or office today!
The frigate Berlin was one of the first charter frigates put at the disposition of Frederic William by the Brandenburg Navy. Built in Zeeland in 1674, the vessel formed part of the Brandenburg fleet until 1688.